UA. Colorado State University Archives
Found in 208 Collections and/or Records:
The Department of Engineering at Colorado State University (then the State Agricultural College of Colorado) began in 1883 with courses in practical mechanics and drawing. The collection contains financial records, memoranda, faculty trip records, seminar planning papers, and correspondence.
The Records of the Department of Communications Disorders documents the department at Colorado State University from its founding in 1964 to its closing in 1995. Materials include histories, reports, manuals, and slides.
The first philosophy classes taught at CSU were led by Willard Eddy during the late 1940s. The collection contains reports, course information, and minutes of department meetings. There is also information about faculty members who worked in the department.
The Faculty Charter Convention Committee was convened in 1975 and charged with revising and reorganizing faculty governance at Colorado State University. The 21-member committee made its final report in 1977. Materials include memos, meeting minutes, reports, correspondence, and lists of participants.
Records of the Financial Administration consists of historical financial information about the Colorado A & M College (now Colorado State University) in the form of reports, correspondence, agreements, bond notices, invoices, bills, miscellaneous financial information, photographs, and negatives. Materials were collected from the office of the university's long-time Business Manager Joseph M. Whalley.
Homecoming at Colorado State University can be traced back to 1914 when a football game between alumni and the current college team was played. Over the years new traditions were added including painting of the Aggie "A", the bonfire, and the homecoming parade. The collection documents the planning and activities of the homecoming parade, and includes financials, photographs, correspondence, and scrapbooks.
The Records of the Honors Program at Colorado State University document its establishment from an experimental honors colloquium to a full program supported by the Faculty Council. Materials include planning for the experimental honors colloquium offered in the winter of 1957, lists and descriptions of honors course offered, and the organization of the program.
The Institute of Environmental Biology was formed at Colorado State University in 1960 to serve as a non-administrative body in a coordinating and advisory capacity to member departments and agencies interested in environmental biology to stimulate a broad and integrated program of teaching and research. Materials include meeting minutes, memos, and copies of the founding constitution.