Found in 151 Collections and/or Records:
Paul Opler is a semi-retired professor of entomology in the Agricultural Biology department at Colorado State University (CSU). He is also the assistant director of the C.P. Gillette Museum of Arthropod Diversity on campus. Opler has authored over 200 books and papers on Lepidoptera. Materials include publications, drafts, galleys, logs, and audiovisual materials.
Pauline Birky-Kreutzer, a research associate with the Colorado State University Research Foundation, was part of the staff that conducted a Congressional feasibility study on a youth corps training program, which became the foundation for the U.S. Peace Corps in 1961. The collection primarily documents the establishment of the Peace Corps and the role played by CSU. Material types include newspaper clipping, reports, and photographs.
Robert R. Owen served as president of Great Western Sugar Company (GWS) from 1968 to 1975. He was instrumental in the formation of the cooperative which tried to buy out the company in the mid-1970s. The collection includes personal and working papers, daily desk notes, scrapbooks, numerous publications related to sugar production, photographs, and artifacts from Owen's personal life and his time with GWS.
Vujica M. Yevjevich (1913-2006), a native of Yugoslavia, was a professor, lecturer, consultant, and researcher of hydrologic engineering. Yevjevich taught in Colorado State University's engineering department from 1960 until his retirement in 1979. The collection contains notes, essays, correspondence, graphs, maps, and technical information on his work in hydrology, mostly international in nature.
Willard O. Eddy (1908-1993) played a pivotal role in transforming Colorado State University (CSU) from an agricultural college to a university. Eddy taught at CSU beginning in 1937 and later founded CSU's Honors Program and the department of philosophy. This collection consists of Eddy's correspondence, class papers, training manuals, receipts, photographs and ephemera accumulated primarily before his career at CSU.
William V. Lumb was a professor and director of the surgical laboratory in the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Science at Colorado State University (CSU). The collection contains written histories of the surgical laboratory, correspondence, and photographs.