Found in 55 Collections and/or Records:
The Federal Land Bank of Wichita was created, along with twelve other banks, by the United States government to provide long-term credit to farmers by the Federal Farm Loan Act of 1916 in response to the unique credit needs of farmers. The collection contains reports and maps relating to ditches, streams, and underground water in Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, and Nebraska, as well as similar reports from the Land Bank of Berkeley regarding Utah and Wyoming.
The Irrigation Photograph Collection contains lantern slides and glass plate negatives related primarily to irrigation and agricultural subjects in Colorado and around the world. Colorado locations include the Colorado Agricultural College campus, Long's Peak, the San Luis Valley, and the Eastern Plains. Other countries significantly represented through irrigation or cultural sites include Egypt, Algeria, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Mexico.
The Local Colorado and Regional History Collection is a collection of local and Colorado history documents, photographs, aerial photographs, and maps as well as a small amount of material that does not relate to Colorado. The collection was acquired over time and includes student class papers as well as papers written by local historians, correspondence, and reports. Subjects primarily include Fort Collins and Northern Colorado history, and irrigation and agricultural history of Colorado.
The Papers of Anthony A. Frank was transferred from the office of Anthony A. Frank (Tony Frank), President of Colorado State University. Subjects include Colorado State University, CSU Commitment to Colorado, 2014 Lininger Scholarship to Jason Sydoriak, and the fall 2014 Presidential Address and Gala. Document types include reports, notes, press releases, newspaper articles, and clippings, as well as a DVD.
C. E. (Carey E.) Vail came to the Colorado Agricultural and Mechanical College in 1909 as an instructor in chemistry and assistant chemist at the Colorado Agricultural Experiment Station. He remained at the college until his retirement in 1945, and in the last 25 years of his career served as a research chemist at the Experiment Station. This collection contains some of his professional publications and notes, family photographs, school yearbooks, and other family documents.
Glenn "Kelly" E. Wilson, Jr., was a career Extension agent from 1959 to 1981, predominantly active in the San Juan Basin area of Colorado. Wilson served as the 4-H agent in Weld County from 1959 until 1964, the lead agent in Montezuma County until 1966, and the Extension development specialist for southwest Colorado until his retirement in 1981. The collection includes correspondence, paperwork from professional affiliations, and subject files from extension projects.