Records of the University Club
Scope and Contents
The Records of the University Club consists of documents dated 1951 to 1994, with the bulk falling from 1969 to 1986. The materials provide a record of club activities and include meeting minutes, financial records, annual reports, memos, correspondence, photographs, and one scrapbook.
- Majority of material found within 1969-1986
- Colorado State University. University Club (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
There are no access restrictions on this collection.
Restrictions on Use
Not all of the material in the collection is in the public domain. Researchers are responsible for addressing copyright issues.
The Colorado State University Club is a social organization established to promote the social and recreational welfare of its members. Membership is extended to all faculty, staff, and alumni of the university. The club is governed by an elected board of directors and annual membership dues are charged each member.
The Faculty Club was originally the Faculty Lounge Committee. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, faculty members wanted to change the scope of the club and increase services offered to the members. At the time there were few establishments in Fort Collins that offered a social atmosphere catering to academic professionals; most public gathering places catered to the tastes of younger adults and students. In 1974 some faculty members petitioned the Faculty Lounge Committee to expand the club into a full service social organization that provided facilities, services, and social entertainment. The name of the organization was changed to the Faculty Club.
In 1987, the club began an extensive renovation project to improve the atmosphere of its facility at the Lory Student Center. In addition, the club voted to change its name from the Faculty Club to the University Club. The change in name is more representative of the entire membership since members are from all levels of university employment, not just faculty. At this time the governing board of the club changed its name from the Board of Directors to the Activities Board. Along with the many social and entertainment activities it sponsors, the club also holds annual receptions and award ceremonies to recognize the achievements of its members.
3.5 linear feet (1 record carton, 2 document cases, 1 flat box)
Language of Materials
The University Club at Colorado State University is a social organization established to promote the social and recreational welfare of its members. Membership is extended to all faculty, staff, and alumni of the university. The collection contains annual reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, photographs, and a scrapbook.
The collection consists of 1 series in 1 record carton, 2 document cases, and 1 flat box:
Series 1: Club records, 1951-1994 and undated
The acquisition of the Records of the University Club is unknown.
Processing was completed in August 2015. Materials were rehoused in acid-free boxes and folders.
- Guide to the Records of the University Club
- Edited Full Draft
- Prepared by Jessy Morris and Karen Spilman
- Copyright 2015
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the CSU Libraries Archives & Special Collections Repository
Fort Collins Colorado 80523-1019 USA