Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Irmel Louise Fagan (1913-2010) served at Colorado State University as Director of the Physical Education Department for Women. She began as an instructor at Colorado State University in 1957, becoming the director of the physical education program following the retirement of Elizabeth Forbes in 1959. Material types in this collection include papers, bound volumes, one manuscript, musical scores, audiovisual material, and ephemera relating to women's athletics.
The Women's Athletic Association (WAA) was established at Colorado Agricultural College (now Colorado State University) in 1922 to offer female students the opportunity for athletic competition. In 1962, the Women's Recreation Association (WRA) replaced the WAA. The collection includes scrapbooks, photographs, and association records.
The Women's Recreation Association (WRA) oversaw intramural sports for women as well as the expansion of women's intercollegiate athletics at Colorado State University. The collection contains scrapbooks documenting the activities of the WRA.
- College sports for women. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Physical education for women. 2
- Physical fitness for women. 1
- Scores. 1
- Textiles. 1 ∧ less
- Colorado Agricultural and Mechanical College Department of Physical Education. 2
- Colorado State University. Department of Physical Education. 2
- Fagan, Irmel W. 2
- Colorado State College (Fort Collins, Colo.). Women's Athletic Association. 1
- Colorado State University. Department of Physical Education 1