Skip to main content

Records of the Colorado Agricultural Experiment Station

 Collection
Identifier: aexs

Abstract

The Agricultural Experiment Station was established as the original research component of Colorado's land-grant college. Even before classes began at Fort Collins in 1879, experimental research had been instituted on a college farm. The federal Hatch Act, passed in 1887, became effective in Colorado a year later. Funding enabled the college to establish regional substations, thereby allowing it to address distinctive local problems. This collection includes project records, reports, office files and correspondence.

Dates

  • 1888-2000

Extent

150 linear feet

Language of Materials

English

Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the CSU Libraries Archives & Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Fort Collins Colorado 80523-1019 USA
970-491-1844